Sunday, September 29, 2013

9/28 Most Valuable Thoughts: Homer/Camden Boys Soccer

Homer 5, Camden 1

Was only here for 28 minutes of game time, to be exact - from 8 minutes left in the 1st half to 20 minutes left in the game. Saw all I needed to see. Already watched Camden boys once, so I know they're not a strong group. I was actually somewhat surprised to see that Homer was only up 1-0 upon my arrival. That was OK with me though, it made for a more interesting watch for a while. Well, that and the fact that one of the officials was my old business teacher at Herkimer. Shooting the bull with him through the 2nd half was a welcome addition to the game experience. I'll interject with his commentary.

The score remained 1-0 at half, but Homer started to click after intermission. The ball started rolling when Bradley Sovocool connected on a ball played by Marton Tozser with 31:23 left to play. Tozser played it long - almost too long - but Sovocool was able to get a foot on it and connect from, as this official stated, a "nearly impossible angle". It didn't even take 4 full minutes to make 2-0 turn into 3-0. Anthony Levitskiy put through his first of 2 goals off a feed from Collin Lake (I think). He one-touched it about 10 yards away and put it by the Camden GK's right side at the 27:52 mark (53rd minute for all the fĂștbol junkies). Official commentary: "Near post". Initially said I was out at 3-0, but decided to stick until 4-0: that only took another 7 minutes. Levitskiy put another one through the pipes with 20:24 left, and since I'm a man of my word, I booked it at 4-0. After I left, each team tacked on a goal. When all was said and done, Levitskiy had a pair of tallies, Tozser, Sovocool, and Igor Sokolik had a goal & a dime apiece, and Collin Lake had an assist. Homer GK Alex Djafari was credited with 7 saves. For Camden, their lone goal was scored by Josh D'Angelo, fed by Bailey Dixon. They used a pair of keepers; Andrew Hill gave up the first 3 and was credited with 7 saves, and Chris Calabrese had 5 saves while giving up the last 2.

#NumbersDontLie - Homer dominated. I think that's all the explaining that needs to be done.

(From last 5 min of 1st half; 1st 20 of 2nd)
Shots - Homer 9-0
Corners - Homer 2-0
Saves - Camden 2-0
GK Touches - 2-2
Goal Kicks - Camden 6-1

*** Homer boys & girls soccer always shows that love, and I recognize that. Therefore, this won't be the last time MVT hits a Homer game.

No comments:

Post a Comment